About Lorson Ranch
Lorson Ranch is located directly east of Marksheffel Road and Fontaine Boulevard, southeast of Colorado Springs. It offers a rural setting near the city, with great views of Pikes Peak and the front range.
This community started home building in 2006. Today there are over 600 finished homes with over 100 in construction. When complete this community should consist of nearly 4000 homes, some schools and commercial stores for the conveniences of its residents.
Lorson Ranch is advantageously located at the epicenter of military operations; located 6 miles southwest of Schriever Air Force Base, 4 miles south of Peterson Air Force Base, 6 miles south east of the Colorado Springs Airport, and 5 miles east of Ft. Carson Military Reservation. Its rural setting is representative of the quiet and safe environment that residents call home.
View Area Map
In addition to an initial 1,200 home sites, Lorson Ranch will offer future commercial/retail, 169 acres of open space to include parks and trails and schools (3 elementary and 2 junior high anticipated).
Lorson Ranch provides easy access to recreational activities, namely in the mountains of Colorado, via Highway 24. Mountain biking, camping, fishing, climbing, skiing, golfing, and other popular sports are within close proximity to Lorson Ranch.
Lorson Ranch is within close proximity to major commercial and retail centers, restaurants, shopping, sporting events, major health facilities (Memorial and Penrose Hospitals), and religious centers. Many of these are located within the Powers Boulevard corridor, the Academy Boulevard corridor and and downtown Colorado Springs which are an approximate 10 and 20 minute drive, respectively, from the community.
Widefield School District #3 has been given 70 acres on Lorson Ranch on which to build schools.
- The District was originally organized in 1874 and now serves the communities of Widefield, Security, portions of Fountain, Colorado Springs, and surrounding rural areas.
- Widefield has three focus schools to offer parents more choices:Talbott Elementary (math and science focus); Pinello Elementary (Core Knowledge/Spanish focus); and Widefield Elementary (visual and performing arts focus).
- Widefield School District 3 provides kindergarten through grade twelve educations for nearly 8,600 children and ranks among the top 20 largest of 178 school districts in Colorado.
- The District proudly serves a significant portion of the military population. Both Mesa Ridge High School and Widefield High School boast award winning and highly regarded Junior ROTC programs.
- Widefield is the only district in the state that owns and operates a parks and recreation district.
- A full array of advanced placement and honors courses, as well as vocational options, are available to its students.
- The District is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the technological needs of its students. It currently features a state of the art wireless network.
- Before and after-school daycare is provided at all of its 9 elementary schools.
- Average class sizes are among the lowest in the region.
- Free full-day kindergarten is offered at all elementary schools.
- Widefield boasts some of the best music programs in the state.
- Competitive athletics at the junior high and high school levels.
- Widefield's preschool program is highly acclaimed.